Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Faulty headlight socket

Update from Paul S.:
"I have checked out your headlight situation, and it appears that your headlight socket is faulty. It is grounding out somehow. I'm not really sure how it is possible, but it is doing it. The light works when I just put the wires to the bulb, but everything grounds when I put the bulb in the socket. I guess you need a new socket. I'm hoping to tear into the clutch this weekend."

I have emailed ScooterWorks to see if they will honor a warranty on that part. Waiting to hear back from them.

1 comment:

JoshW said...

I ran into something similar with an H1 bulb on a car. One of the pins on the headlight is grounded to the outside of the headlight, and thus to the headlight bucket. So if you wire the socket backwards, it's a dead short once you plug it into the bulb.

When he's testing it by putting the wires directly to the bulb, is he connecting them the same way, and is the headlight touching the bucket?

Not sure if this is even applicable to the type of headlight this scooter uses, but it's worth a shot..