Friday, July 4, 2008

4th of July Update

Happy 4th of July folks and 38th wedding anniversary to my parents!

Just a quick update . . . VSC is in storage. I am not doing much work on it until my wife and I get our own place in the Bay Area and I have garage to work on it in. There is very little left to do -- probably can be done in a total of 5 casual hours.

I am hunting for a job (I am an English teacher) and that is where much of my energy is going right now.

Regarding scooters . . . I have decided to begin to research and assemble a parts quote to begin restoring my 1962 Lambretta TV175. I will be blogging that restoration just as I have with my wife's Vespa, but I will be doing a lot more of the work on my own. You can begin to follow that blog, but it is moving slower than the Vespa's. Since I don't have the ability to work on the SS180, I figure I can do a lot of work on planning the TV's restoration from behind my computer.

Also, for you total newbies I have another blog that offers great generic information for all scooterists as well as the Bajaj/Stella/P-Series crowd. The site is titled Bajaj Restoration, but it has nothing to do with restoring a Bajaj -- I just wanted to keep my blog names similar. Nonetheless, I believe it offers useful tips.

Have a Happy 4th!

No comments: